Where we are....
To report flooding please click here Highways reporting tool
Welcome to our new Heveningham website!
Heveningham is a small village of about 120 residents and is located about 4 miles from Halesworth. The main street - The Street - is a mix of colourful old houses. There is an old Post Office, the pub which sadly closed some years ago, the Old Forge and the Old School.
The village is dominated by St. Margaret Church which was founded in 1539 and is a grade 1 listed building.
The other major feature is Heveningham Hall which is privately owned It was built in 1778 for Sir Gerard Vanneck (a Dutch Merchant) by the architect James Wyatt; After an extensive fire in 1984 the house was renovated and restored in 1994. Heveningham Hall holds a number of events including a fair at Christmas time and in the summer.
The community is friendly and active and supports each other and the environment
Footpaths and Rights of Way.
The following was received in October 2019.
An updated definitive map and statement for the former rural district of Blyth was signed and sealed on 24th September 2019.
The working copy of the definitive map and statement is available to view at Phoenix House in Ipswich.
You can also find working copies of the definitive map on our website by selecting a parish at the following address:
**** GREAT NEWS - THE NEW DEFIBRILATOR IS INSTALLED IN THE PHONE BOX. *****